In Monthly Briefing Number#25 we cover the following:
- MISTRA’s Nation Formation and Social Cohesion Conference and a reflection on the conference by Professor Gauhar Raza, a MISTRA Fellow; as well as a number of articles written on the theme of Nation Formation and Social Cohesion, including: “What is a nationand do we qualify: A Modest Report” by MISTRA Executive Director, Joel Netshitenzhe, “The nation: A process, not an event” by MISTRA Head of Communications, Gail Smith, and “From a virtual to a real community” by MISTRA researcher, Feizel Mamdoo.
- A range of articles, including “Zuma sticking with signature strategy: stall and obfuscate”, “A chance to reclaim their livelihoods”,“Mandate: cover up for JZ” by Dr Mcebisi Ndletyana, Head of Faculty of Political Economy.
- An article on football “Budding soccer stars lost in our system” by MISTRA Researchers David Maimela and Howard Freese.
- An article entitled, “Cuba’s rich history of revolution” by Euston Wesso and Humanities Researcher, Rachel Brown.
- A range of conferences and lectures in which MISTRA staff will participate.