The Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Reflection (MISTRA) is pleased to share with you its fourth newsletter for 2022. In this issue, we report on our partnership with the United Nations (UN) in South Africa; on conferences and summits we participated in, and on the 10th Mapungubwe Annual Lecture. We are also proud to share a policy paper which reflects on the road to COP27 and two working papers on the energy-water nexus and on parallel tracks of development in the South African political economy.
Please read on the following:
- Black Management Forum (BMF) Annual Policy Conference
- Annual Platinum Group Metals(PGM) Roundtable
- 10th Mapungubwe Annual Lecture
- Conference on Developing a Pan-African Agenda Dealing with Global Issues
- NEDLAC Summit
- Presentation to the South African Property Owners Association (SAPOA) Annual Convention
- COP27 Policy Paper
- Energy and Water Nexus Working Paper
- Working Paper on Lifting the colony while improving the metropolis
- Opinion pieces by MISTRA staff published in the media.
We hope you enjoy this issue.