The Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Reflection (MISTRA) is pleased to share with you its second newsletter for 2022. In this issue, we report on several discussions we hosted on current affairs, and are also proud to share some research and articles on critical policy areas:
- the Youth Policy Discussion with the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA);
- our policy paper entitled, Two city managers, one municipality: Why reforms are urgent;
- the Just Transition Finance Policy Discussion with presidential adviser Daniel Mminele;
- policy recommendations from fieldwork on our publication, The Pedagogy of Mathematics in South Africa;
- our assessment of initial COVID-19 interventions and their impact on South Africa;
- opinion pieces by MISTRA staff published in the media.
We hope you enjoy this issue.