The Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Reflection (MISTRA) takes pleasure in presenting our last newsletter for 2021. We are excited to share the launch of MISTRA’s latest research publication entitled, Youth in South Africa: Agency, (in)visibility and national development. Also, we are proud to share our recently released 2021 local government elections report, When Wedding Bells Ring: Coalitions with(out) concord: Analysis of South Africa’s 2021 local elections and coalitions.
In this issue, we also report on:
- MISTRA’s participation at the Science Forum South Africa 2021
- Nelson Mandela University conferring an honorary doctorate on Executive Director;
- the Director Operations’ appointment to the National Planning Commission;
- Rebuilding Government webinar, in partnership with Gauteng City-Region Observatory (GCRO); and
- published opinion pieces written by MISTRA staff.
We hope you enjoy the issue and wish you all the best over the festive season.