It is during these times that the work of thinktanks becomes crucial in assisting public and private institutions to develop policy responses that may be needed to limit the impact of what is essentially a ‘black swan’ event.
In this issue, we report on MISTRA’s multifaceted work in the age of COVID-19:
- Indlulamithi South Africa Scenarios 2030 Barometer results;
- MISTRA’s Webinar on Epidemics and the Health of African Nations;
- MISTRA’s Webinar on The Need for a Transdisciplinary Approach to South Africa’s COVID-19 Crisis;
- MISTRA’s upcoming Priority Research Projects (PRPS) on Land, 4IR, Coalitions and the Arts; and
- Opinion pieces by MISTRA staff published in the media.
We hope you enjoy this issue