In issue Number#39 we report on:
- Mapungubwe Institute’s (MISTRA) latest publication, The Role of Intellectuals in the State Society Nexus.
- The University of Johannesburg (UJ) and South African Broadcasting Corporation’s (SABC) Leadership Colloquium that took place on 29 June 2016.
- Strategic Reflection by MISTRA Executive Director, Joel Netshitenzhe, on South Africa’s Spatial Dynamics and Migration: Implications for Economics, Ethics and a Developmental State in the City at the African National Congress (ANC) Soweto Zone 10 Gala Dinner held on 09 July 2016.
- The University of South Africa (Unisa) and National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) inaugural Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela Annual Seminar held on the 18 July 2016.
- Media articles by MISTRA Fellow, Mcebisi Ndletyana titled ‘Faces of Hope in a Fool’s Paradise’ and ‘Two Truths Will Come Home to Roost’ as well as an Elections 2016editorial by Ralph Mathekga our Political Economy Faculty Head.
- The appointment of the Mapungubwe Institute Chairperson of Board of Governors, Prof Sibusiso Vil-Nkomo to the Presidential Remuneration Review Commission.
- The appointment of new members of the MISTRA Board of Governors: Sonja De Bruyn Sebotsa, Febe Potgieter-Gqubule, Zamandlovu Ndlovu and Malose Kekana.
- Various staff movements in the form of management reorganisation, promotions and resignations during the month of July 2016.