In Monthly Briefing Number #36 we report on:
- MISTRA’s upcoming 5th Annual Lecture presented by Prof Vivek Chibber
- Call for Submissions: The Politics and History of the Armed Struggle in Southern Africa
- The Skaftin with Nick Turse on the US military’s expansion into Africa and the proliferation of its secret missions on the continent.
- Discussion on Peacekeeping with the United States of America’s Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, Ms Rose Gottemoeller, on Friday 11 December 2015.
- A range of media articles and interviews, including ‘Our ”Super-Democrats” prefer silence to debate’ by David Maimela, ‘Apartheid has ended but privilege persists’ by Asanda Luwaca, ‘Maimane’s Moment of Truth for all of us’ by MISTRA Fellow, Mcebisi Ndletyana, ‘Entry-level discrimination: Internships and the Cycle of Privilege’ by Danielle Bowler, ‘South Africa Must Shift its Focus from Fossil Fuels to Renewables’ by Velaphi Msimang, ‘Minister Appoints New Board for WRC’ that mentions MISTRA’S Chairperson, Prof Sibusiso Vil-Nkomo and television interviews with Ralph Mathekga, Head of Political Economy, and David Maimela, Researcher in the Faculty of Political Economy.
- “Black-Man’s Burden… South African Burden?” Presented by Joel Netshitenzhe at the WITS Centre for Diversity Studies
- The appointment of Barry Gilder as MISTRA’s Acting Director Operations.